Rackmount Converters are modular devices that will change the signal type of your source to match your display. These modular devices can be populated within a powered rack frame either forwards or reverse depending on how your cables are being managed within your rack. Like the portable versions, these devices are plug-n-play where no software is required.
Theatrixx Rackmount Converters
8-Bay Reversible Frame
The Theatrixx Reversible Converter system is the natural extension of the award-winning xVision Converter line, now available in a modular rackmount format with the same processing quality and reliability that is the hallmark of the xVision brand. In a continuous effort by Theatrixx to eradicate unprofessional wall-warts from our industry, the modular design allows each system to be configured exactly as needed, and even reconfigured on-the-fly, with a host of modules available, featuring SDI, HDMI, Fibre, HDBaseT and more.
The 8-slot, 3RU host unit features dual, oversized power supplies for unbeatable reliability and virtually uninterrupted uptime. Power supplies are configured for automatic switch-over in case of failure with LEDs at the front of the unit indicating status. Mains power is delivered via dual locking PowerCON True1 connectors.
The modules can be inserted in either direction, allowing the inputs/outputs to be positioned either at the front or the back of the unit depending on the application. There are no exposed PCBs as all modules are enclosed, and therefore protected against static shock, dust and general wear and tear. Gold-plated, redundant spring pins with magnetic retention deliver DC power to the modules, meaning no messy cabling and external power bricks are needed.
The Theatrixx Reversible Converter system is perfect for high-end installations rental, touring, broadcast and any other application requiring a professional and reliable high-density video conversion/processing solution. The system is future-proof and more modules will be added regularly. The Theatrixx 8-Bay Reversible Frame eliminates the need for rack shelves, wall warts and velcro, providing a professional solution for video distribution and conversion.
- Self-enclosed conversion modules, no exposed PCB
- Spring-loaded contacts deliver power to modules – no cables or power strips!
- Magnets ensure the modules stay securely in place and powered on, even with the door open
- Reversible modules; you decide if the inputs should be at the front or the back!
- Dual locking Neutrik PowerCON True1 mains input connectors
- Shallow design can be placed behind processors, scalers or other devices to save rack space
- Fully modular – mix and match signal converters, fibre, DAs, de-embedders, and more
- The same processing quality and reliability you’ve come to expect from xVision Converters
Arrange a Demo
If you’re interested in finding out more about any of our Video products, arrange a demo or email us
Video News – Keep up to date with new Video products, interviews, press releases and much more!
Find out more on our Video Resource Centre.