The Luminex GigaCore 16t is a 1 Gigabit Ethernet switch for Professional touring applications. It is designed to support the most advanced AV protocols out of the box and is the backbone for a converged network, allowing multiple applications to co-exist on the same network.
Luminex GigaCore 16t Ethernet Switch
The GigaCore 16t is a 1 Gigabit Ethernet switch for professional touring applications in lighting, audio and video with a frequent tear-down & built-up requirement or for any other application where ruggedized connectivity is necessary.
Road tested connectivity, and port availability are not an issue with 8 x 1Gbps copper ports with rugged EtherCON connectors. An additional 8 x 1Gbps copper ports with RJ45 connectors offer increased flexibility for routing and connectivity within the rack or patch panels.
Luminex’s LED extension/patch panel, available as an accessory, with room for D-type connectors can be linked to GigaCore 16t, offering even more connectivity possibilities.
- 1Gb Connectivity. GigaCore 16t is an indispensable part of any mobile AV network where reliability and a quick and easy setup are needed.
- PoE++ implementation on every copper port allows you to connect any PoE device available today. Today’s PoE standards (802.3af, 802.3at and 802.3bt) are all met. GigaCore 16t can directly drive almost any IP PTZ camera, network node or PoE powered loudspeaker on the market.
- AV validated for real applications. GigaCore switches are fully validated in real-world applications with major brands in the AV industry for different protocols, including NDI™, Dante™, AVB/MILAN, AES67, ST-2110, IPMX, MA-Net, and many more. Luminex support team really speaks your language and has a vast amount of AV knowledge built up, not just from talking protocols but mainly from working with you and living through your real application network challenges.
- Robust yet silent design. A robust yet silent design allows you to use GigaCore in any AV environment. Fans are speed controlled to have minimal noise impact and guarantee a long-life operation. This allows you to place the GigaCore in the most quiet environments like theatre’s and studio’s.
- Araneo to manage and monitor the complete system. All GigaCore switches can be managed with a single network-wide tool: Araneo Araneo’s online mode shows everything you need to know about the status of your GigaCore network. Data streams and topology are visualized as are the port status of every GigaCore. Monitor your network with confidence and act before the show gets interrupted! In offline mode, Araneo lets you plan the complete network topology and GigaCore settings in advance. Reducing network commissioning time to a mere click of a button.
- Intuitive web UI. The built-in web UI allows you to adjust the settings in an intuitive way. Assigning Groups (VLANS) to ports, creating trunks or adjusting other port- and PoE settings can be done on the fly and the status page gives you an overview of the complete switch at a glance. The toolbox page allows management of profiles and lets you upgrade firmware easily.
- Consistency in LED colours. Consistent Group (VLAN) colours in the web UI, in Araneo and on the front panel LED’s.
- Most suitable applications: Touring applications
- PoE: PoE ++ Optional
- RLinkX (Link redundancy): Yes
- Groups (VLAN segmentation): Yes
- MultiLinkX (Link aggregation): Yes (With future FW upgrade)
- Profile manager: Yes
- Memory: Flash 1Gb RAM – 8Mb NOR flash 4Gb EMMC storage
- MAC address table: 16384 entries
- Address learning / Aging: Self learning, Auto aging
- Switching throughput: 32Gbps
- Jumbo frames: MTU up to 12000
- IGMP support: Yes (V1/V2/V3)
- IGMP snooping: Yes, enabled by default
- Port sensing: Auto negotiation
- Auto crossover: MDI / MDIX
- Auto sensing: Full or Half Duplex (Gigabit is Full Duplex)
Arrange a Demo
If you’re interested in finding out more about any of our lights or equipment, arrange a demo or email us
Lighting News – Keep up to date with new Lighting products, interviews, press releases and much more!