The active repeater is designed to help propagate the wireless signal, and can be used to enhance the signal in different environments, bounce signals around obstacles or double range - in line of sight applications.
- Easy to use.
- Used to increase or extend range and overall propagation.
- Allows wireless transmission around obstacles such as stages, screens & walls.
- Simple configuration via PC using software, USB base station & BW-Toolkit.
- Can be battery powered or use an external power supply.
- IP67 rated NEMA4 protected.
- 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
The active repeater (BW-AR) is powered by either a pair of alkaline ‘D’ Cells or an external power supply (5-18 Volts) and acts as transparent link between the BroadWeigh shackles and either the USB base station or handheld display (BW-HR).
The BW-AR adds flags to any messages to prevent multiple repeats of information. It will not repeat a packet that has already been repeated. Hence there is only one extra ‘hop’ introduced and a maximum doubling of the radio range.
Adding multiple wireless active repeaters will not increase the range but can increase overall coverage. The BroadWeigh shackles have a range of up to 800 m (2600 ft) which can be potentially doubled using BW-AR.