wysiwyg Perform Including USB Dongle And 12 Month Subscription
Perform indicates the significant importance of connecting to consoles. Maximize your creativity. Save time and money! Use wysiwyg to pre-cue your show.
With the addition of a simulation component, wysiwyg Perform is an end-to-end, comprehensive, all-in-one solution. 3D CAD, paperwork, rendering, and pre-visualization are integrated into one sophisticated tool. A DMX console or compatible offline editor can be connected to the computer and wysiwyg Perform will simulate the exact effect of the console/editor's output in real time.
Layout your cue structure and have the console programmed before you even get to the venue. Guarantee that what you see is what you get. wysiwyg Perform is the ideal solution for designers and console operators who need to maximize their time onsite and cut production costs.
Its strong previz in Shaded View competes with its infamous renderings. Power users can previz and plot the entire event without even stepping into the venue! The ability to import files from many sources, its simple 3D CAD suite, the new super-friendly UI, robust dependability and portability are only a few of the tributes that make wysiwyg the software of choice by all production professionals and the reputation for being indubitably the industry standard.
Comparing the list of additional functions available in Perform to Design in the Product Comparison, the premium price for Perform indicates the significant importance of connecting to consoles and, with that, the huge time and $ savings delivered chiefly by CAST's copyright protected innovations called AutoFocus™ and AutoPatch™.
AutoPatch is a protocol by which wysiwyg can transfer the patch hookup to a compatible console. AutoPatch is only available in wysiwyg Perform. You must be connected to a compatible console for this feature to be enabled. All ports for which you want the patch information to be transferred must be properly bound. Only the hookup information in patch universes bound to the console's outputs will transfer.
is the protocol that wysiwyg uses to "talk back" to a compatible console. Using the mouse in a Wireframe view or using the concept shortcuts and design tools at any time, you can direct the console to select fixtures, set focus, and control intensity, iris, and colour. Autofocus is connected through MIDI, Serial, or Ethernet.
wysiwyg minimum and optimum System Requirements
The following requirements are separated according to the level of functionality that you want to achieve (Minimum or Optimal). The Minimum requirements are sufficient to run the software, but performance will be slow for some features and graphics support will be limited. To achieve the best possible performance and best graphics, the Optimal system requirements are recommended.
If you are planning to purchase/build a new computer system to run WYSIWYG, we recommend that you first consult the WYSIWYG Hardware Guide for comprehensive details on selecting (components for) a WYSIWYG workstation.
- WYSIWYG must be installed on a hard drive formatted with the NTFS file system.
- When running WYSIWYG on a MAC via Bootcamp, performance will be comparable to running WYSIWYG on a PC with the same/similar hardware specification. When running WYSIWYG on a MAC via the Parallels virtual environment, performance will be degraded when compared to a PC; using Parallels is not recommended for pre-visualization (i.e. Design mode) and pre-cueing (i.e. Live mode).
- A video card supporting OpenGL 2.1 is required in order for Shaded Views to operate; please see the Visualization Requirements section below for more information about this.
Attention: As of Release 35, wysiwyg is no longer supported on either the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems.
Minimum requirements (basic functionality)
- Intel Core i3 or equivalent AMD processor, 2.0GHz or better
- PC running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Intel-based Apple Mac running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 via Bootcamp (recommended) or Parallels; note that if running via Parallels, Shaded View functionality will be severely limited as a result
- 4GB RAM
- 1GB free disk space (NTFS file system)
- 1024 x 768 resolution
- OpenGL-accelerated "gaming-level" video card, with 1GB (or better) video memory and OpenGL 2.1 (minimum) support**
- ** Integrated video cards may be used, but are not recommended.
- Free USB port
Optimal System Requirements (for enhanced visualization performance and faster rendering times)
- Intel Core i5 / i7 / i7 "Extreme Edition" or equivalent AMD processor, quad-core or better, 2.4 GHz or better
- PC running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10; 64bit version of Windows OS is not required, but highly recommended
- Intel-based Apple Mac running Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 via Bootcamp; Parallels not recommended
- 8GB RAM or better, configured for dual-, triple- or quad-channel operation (depending on the memory architecture supported by the system processor)
- 1GB free disk space (NTFS file system)
- OpenGL-accelerated "gaming-level" video card, with 3GB (or better) video memory and OpenGL 3.3 support required for Deferred Rendering simulation and Volumetric Beams in Shaded Views
- No integrated video cards should be considered for such a system
- Free USB port
Video card compatibility
There are two levels of beam simulation offered in wysiwyg's Shaded Views.
- Enhanced Beams: The minimum video card requirements to display the default Enhanced Beams must support OpenGL 2.1.
- Volumetric Beams: To obtain the highest graphics level offered by Deferred Rendering with Enhanced Visualization, your video card must support OpenGL 3.3, or better.
Note: Both Enhanced Visualization and Deferred Rendering options are required to run Volumetric Beams. If these options are not available on your system, it means the graphics card on your computer does not support the necessary version of OpenGL to run Volumetric beams. In this instance, you must use Enhanced Beams for your Shaded View visualization.
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.