Yamaha HS7 Studio Monitor
The Yamaha HS7 studio monitor is ideal for home studios and clear, crisp sound reproduction.
Ever since the 1970's the iconic white woofer and signature sound of Yamaha's nearfield reference monitors have become a genuine industry standard for a reason-their accuracy. Unlike studio monitors with added bass or treble frequencies which may sound more flattering at first, HS Series speakers were designed to give you the most honest, precise reference possible, providing an ideal sonic platform to build on throughout the mixing process. By combining acquired knowledge and expertise with state-of-the-art sound technologies, Yamaha's speaker engineering team have examined, then optimized, every aspect that has contributed to making these monitors the most trusted in the business.
HS Series cabinets are designed to eliminate unwanted resonance and increase the accuracy of sound reproduction to their extreme limit. The enclosures are constructed from a very dense and resilient MDF with a damped acoustic response that is perfectly suited for reference monitors. Drawing from Yamaha's over 100 years of piano design experience, HS Series engineers also employed a traditional three-way mitered-joint technique. Common to architectural design this construction firmly anchors the corners of the enclosure to dramatically improve durability and eliminate unwanted resonance that can influence overall sound.
HS Series full-range models feature two response controls with detailed settings that allow them to adapt to the surface acoustics of rooms of varying shape and size. ROOM CONTROL allows you to attenuate the unnatural, exaggerated low-end that can often occur when speakers are placed next to walls, while HIGH TRIM allows for more flexible control of high frequency response. For inputs, HS full-range speakers can accommodate a wide range of balanced and unbalanced sources such as mixers, keyboards and audio interfaces with XLR and TRS phone jacks.
- 2-way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 6.5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 43Hz - 30kHz (-10dB), 55Hz - 24kHz (-3dB) frequency response
- 60W LF plus 35W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 95W power amplification
- ROOM CONTROL and HIGH TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals
- Packaging single
- Speaker type 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitor
- Frequency response (-10dB) 43Hz - 30kHz
- Frequency response (-3dB) 55Hz - 24kHz
- Components LF 6.5" cone
- HF 1" dome
- Crossover 2kHz
- Output power 95W (LF:60W, HF:35W)
- Input sensitivity -10 dBu/10k ohms
- I/O connectors XLR3-31 type (balanced), PHONE (balanced)
- Indicators Power ON (White LED)
- Power consumption 55W
- Shape Bass-reflex type
- Cabinet material MDF
- Dimensions W 210mm (8-1/4")
- H 332mm (13-1/16")
- D 284mm (11-3/16")
- Net weight 8.2kg (18.1 lbs.)
- Accessories Owner's Manual, Power cord
- Packaging Single
- Others LEVEL control (+4dB/center click) , EQ: HIGH TRIM switch (+/- 2dB at HF) / ROOM CONTROL switch (0/-2/-4 dB under 500Hz)
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.