AKG C451B Integrated Cardioid Microphone For Drums And Guitar
- Identical acoustics to legendary CK 1
- Precise, nearly frequency independent cardioid
- Extremely accurate signal transfer and ruler-flat on-axis frequency response
- Also available as a matched stereo pair
Responding to growing demand, AKG decided to make the C 451 B with the same acoustic performance as the popular original C 451 EB + CK 1, with dramatically improved specifications. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C 451 B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. Other features include an all-metal body for excellent protection from RF interference and high reliability for excellent results under almost all conditions.
The C 451 B is an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as drums, instruments with a percussive sound, acoustic guitar, or for overhead miking.
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 9 mV/Pa (-41 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135/145/155 dB (0/-10/-20 dB) (k=0,5%)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4): 29 dB
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): 18 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, 10 dB, 20 dB selectable
- Bass filter: flat, 12 dB/octave at 75 or 150 Hz, selectable
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596
- Powering: <2 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: satin nickel plated
- Net weight: 125 g / 4.4 oz.
- Shipping weight: 760 g / 1.7 lbs.
- Patent(s): Electrode support for condenser transducer (Patent no. AT 392.182, DE 4.021.661)
Professional condenser microphone with gradient capsule. Its application range shall include instrument miking and recording, live recording, live sound reinforcement, lecterns and places of worship.Frequency range: 20-20,000 Hz; sensitivity 9 mV/PA at 1 kHz; electrical impedance: max. 200 ohms; maximum SPL: 155/145/135 dB SPL for 0.5%.; signal-to-noise ratio: 76 dB-A; switchable preattenuation pad: 0/-10/-20 dB; switchable Bass cut filter slope 12 dB/octave at 75 or 150 Hz; The microphone shall be capable of operating on phantom power 9 to 52 V, drawing a current of max. 2 mA. The case shall be 19mm(0.75 in.) diameter and 160mm(6.3 in.) in length. The surface shall be satin nickel plated and the maximum net weight of the microphone system shall be 125 g (4.4 oz.).
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.