DPA 4066 Adjustable Miniature Microphone Headband, Black, Microdot
The d:fine 4066 Omnidirectional Headset Microphone offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom. For years, this has been the chosen headset mic for broadcasters as well as theaters on Broadway and London's West End. This is due to its pristine sound and durability.
The headset construction is unique. You can detach the mic boom from the headset mount to switch it to either the left or right side and then reattach it. Humidity, often an issue in theatrical applications is not a problem. This microphone is constructed with a double-vent protection system and a drop stopper on the microphone boom. Also, the materials inside the mic are water resistant. These design elements make it very difficult for the microphone to fail due to humidity. In addition, the headset surface is matte-gold plated and the ear hooks are covered with a silicone hose.
The microphone's sensitivity is 6 mV/Pa. This matches the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters. If powered correctly, the microphone will be able to handle sound pressure levels up to 144 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
- Microdot connector
- Colour: Black
- Directional pattern Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation Pressure
- Cartridge type Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weightedTyp. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL)Typ. 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD)< 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak, < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping144 dB
- Output impedance30 - 40 Ω
- Cable drive capabilityUp to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply (for full performance)For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance
- Weight14 g (0.5 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Cable length 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable diameter 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Temperature range -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH)Up to 90%
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.