AKG C414-XLS Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone For Universal Applications
- Nine selectable pickup patterns enable to choose the perfect setting for every application
- Lock Mode: all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use
- Peak Hold LED even detects shortest overload peaks
- Incredible Dynamic Range of 152dB
- Three switchable different bass cut filters and three pre-attenuation levels
- Leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components ensure shortest signal path and extra protection against moisture
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria
AKG's legendary C 414 needs no introduction - it is a tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records; it's been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.
For over 60 years, leading musicians and engineers have used legendary AKG microphones to capture their sound so their audience hears every nuance. The C 414 family has been one of the world's most widely-used and respected studio and stage microphones in audio history. AKG has continually set new benchmarks for useful features, improved technical specifications and ease of use to answer requests from ever-demanding recording studios, broadcast stations and audio engineers.
The new models C 414 XLS and C 414 XL II offer nine pickup patterns which enable to choose the perfect setting for every application. For live-sound applications and permanent installations all controls can be disabled easily for trouble-free use. A Peak Hold LED displays even shortest overload peaks.
The C 414 XLS maintains the sonic character of the legendary C 414 B-ULS, the longest-lived C 414 model. Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound, it is the most universal and versatile large diaphragm microphone for decades. Widely used for accurate, beautifully detailed pickup of any acoustic instrument the new C 414 XLS combines proven reference quality, leading-edge technology and state-of-the-art components.
The C 414 comes complete with carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shock mount.
- Polar pattern: omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure eight and 4 intermediate settings
- Frequency range: 20 to 20, 000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV) ± 0.5 dB
- Max. SPL: 200/400/800/1600 Pa = 140/146/152/158 dB (0/-6/-12/-18 dB) for 0.5% THD
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): 6 dB-A (0 dB preattenuation) (IEC 60268-4)
- Signal/noise ratio: 88 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB, -12 dB, -18 dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12 dB/octave at 40 Hz and 80 Hz; 6 dB/octave at 160 Hz
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2,200 ohms
- Supply voltage: 48 V phantom power to DIN/IEC
- Powering: approximately 4 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR to IEC
- Dimensions: 50 x 38 x 160mm (2.0 x 1.5 x 6.3in)
- Net weight: 300g (10.6oz)
- Patent(s): Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.