LynxTechnik yellobrik Bidirectional Fibre To Ethernet Transceiver
The OBD 1510 E is a matched pair of compact Ethernet switches designed to extend the reach of electrical Ethernet signals over long distances.
The two switches are linked via single bidirectional fibre link which operates at a constant 1Ggbit speed.
This pair of modules uses WDM fibre technology in a closed loop arrangement and essentially functions as an Ethernet extender solution. The fibre link supports distances up to 10Km and provides a single, high speed 1Gbit error-free optical connection between the two locations.
Each OBD 1510 E module has two standard RJ45 electrical Ethernet ports and the complete system functions as a 4 port Ethernet switch, providing two standard RJ45 Ethernet ports at each location bridged with fibre. For legacy systems, each electrical Ethernet port can be set for automatic speed detection (10/100/1000) or forced to 10Mbit. Each port uses auto crossover detection or can be forced manually if needed. These functions are available using the dip switch.
- Bidirectional send and receive over single fibre link
- Supports standard Ethernet inputs up to 1Gbit
- Closed loop WDM fibre system
- Auto (10/100/1000) electrical port speed detection
- Manually force 10Mbit electrical speed
- Fibre connection speed always 1Gbit
- Auto or manual electrical crossover selection
- Distances up to 10km (6.2 miles) over SMF fibre
- Supplied as matched pair (A and B version)
- 2 x Ethernet ports, RJ45 Connectors
- 10 BaseT UTP category 3,4 or 5 cable up to 328ft/100m (2 pairs)
- 100 BaseT XUTP category 5 cable up to 328ft/100m (2 pairs)
- 1000 BaseT XUTP category 5 cable up to 328ft/100m (4 pairs)
- Auto detect bit rate (10/100/1000), or force to 10Mbit for each port (selectable)
- Automatic crossover detection or force manually for each port (selectable)
- Port speed / activity LED indication (next to Ethernet port)
- 1 x fibre optic I/O port (bidirectional)
- Simplex (single mode) using LC/PC connection
- WDM using 1310nm and 1550nm wavelengths
- Optical budget = 18dB
- Fibre TX active and RX active LEDs on side of module
- Max. distance 10km (6.2 miles - Singlemode)
- +12VDC power supply (included)
- Supports external power input from 9 - 14 VDC
- Power LED on side of module
- 105mm x 40mm x 22mm (4.13" x 1.57" x 0.86")
- OBD 1510 E
- 2 x OBD 1510 E modules (Type A and Type B)
- 2 x 12V DC power supplies
- Wall mounting brackets
- Plastic transport case
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.