Selecon SPX 15 - 35 Degree Zoomspot
Ellipsoidals for the 21st Century
SPX represents a fresh new look at the ellipsoidal profile and has been developed to meet the evolving needs of 21st century entertainment lighting practice. This new range from Philips Selecon is outstanding in its class with many new and innovative features while still retaining the intuitive controls, beam angles and appearance that you're familiar with so there's no need to re-learn your craft.
Available in 15°-35° and 25°-50° Zoomspot and 14°, 19°, 26°, 36° and 50° Fixed Beam models the SPX is the first ERS to fully exploit the output and successfully deal with the high heat associated with the latest generation compact filament 800W lamps.
More Light, Improved Efficiency
SPX delivers more light for your stage (up to 63% more than current industry benchmarks) which allows you to consider energy saving options such as the use of a lower wattage lamp or through using SPX at lower dimmer levels (less power). The combination of this optical reflector design with premium optical lenses (supplied as standard) provides a crisp white light with no pinkish hues or other colour cast delivering both high definition pattern projection as well as the colour results you deserve from your filter selections.
Low Cost of Ownership - Guaranteed by our Three-Year Warranty
SPX features a compartmentalised lamp house which effectively exhausts hot air away from the most heat sensitive components of the luminaire. The result is maximised lamp and lamp socket life and reduced maintenance down time and costs.
Less down time = less maintenance work and more earning power for production / rental companies. When it does come time to maintain SPX it's a fast and simple operation, whether cleaning lenses or the reflector, or replacing the lamp socket and cabling.
- More light - up to 63% more than the current industry benchmark.
- Designed to manage the power and heat from high output tungsten halogen 800W light sources.
- Improved efficiency - up to 27% more efficient than the current industry benchmark.
- 'Crisp' white light untainted by hues or colour cast.
- Premium optical lens package as standard.
- Adjustable beam angle range of 15°-35° and 25°-50°. Drop in, interchangeable lens tubes.
- Sharp shutter cuts, excellent edge control.
- Central planetary gear for effective, intuitive control of Peak:Flat light distribution - simply alter from smooth and flat for gobo projection to high intensity peak for stage washes. To learn more about light distribution across the beam click here.
- Moulded yoke, twice the rigidity of steel.
- Unique integral shutter clamp system; secures all four shutters after focusing.
- Precise tilt lock reduces wasted time and the frustration of 'focus slippage'.
- Focus reference scales.
- The pattern is held securely around its circumference to minimise heat distortion of the image. The image can be rotated by turning the lens barrel / shutter assembly.
- Fully enclosed front accessory holder and gate accessory mount slot cover ensure no unwanted light spill.
- Full 360-degree beam / pattern / shutter rotation with indexing for recording the settings.
- Intuitive familiar controls, beam angles and appearance so no need to re-learn your craft.
- Fast to set and focus.
- Compartmentalised heat management system exhausts the heat away from the critical lamp socket and cabling to minimise heat damage.
- Quick and easy to maintain - full access to all lens surfaces for cleaning.
- Two accessory slots for simultaneous use of "B" size gate patterns, rotators and irises.
- Two plane shutter design ensures the same focus on all four shutters.
- Shutters secured after focus by SPX's unique integral shutter lock.
- Lenses move on glide bearings minimising lamp damaging vibrations and easing the focus process.
- Cool Touch rear luminaire lamp module with large grab handle and lens tube lessen the chance of burns when adjusting focus.
- Fitted safety chain supplied.
- Secondary accessory safety chain anchor point.
- Automatic mains power disconnection via microswitch when the lamp module is removed to change the lamp for maximum safety.
- At Philips Selecon we seek to find new solutions for change which contribute to responsible practices and we have long focussed on the energy efficiency of our products and production processes.
- 1x colour frame
- 1x fitted safety chain
- 1x suspension bolt set
- Short form instruction manual.
- Three year warranty
|Industry Standard colour frame||158mm x 158mm
6 1/ 4" x 6 1/4"
|Accessories||Adjustable iris / steel and glass pattern holders / pattern rotators / scrollers / donut|
|Weight||8.36kg / 18lb 4oz|
|Certification||Fully compliant to CE standards.
NOTE: SPX is currently undergoing ETL / cETL testing; once this is completed the range will be made available in North America.
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.