LD Systems DDQ Sub18, 18 Inch Active PA Subwoofer with DSP
The LD Systems DDQ Sub 18 is a powerful active subwoofer with digital signal processing for demanding PA applications. It is precisely adapted for combination with the full-range speakers of the DDQ Series and is equally suitable for use with tops made by other manufacturers.
The compact bass-reflex design is loaded with an 18" FaitalPRO bass speaker that has a 4" voice coil and a neodymium magnet driven by two 700-watt Hypex Class D power amplifier modules with a highly efficient switching power supply with a total output of 1400 watts RMS. The DDQ Sub 18 attains a maximum sound-level pressure of 134 dB with a frequency response curve of 30 - 120 Hz.
The Sharc DSP programmed especially for the DDQ subwoofers ensures distortion-free and reliable operation even at maximum volume levels with a 1ms look ahead limiter, frequency and phase correction, as well as all protection circuits, and has a large dynamic range of 127dB/113 dB (ADC/DAC). Seven DSP Presets permit selectable crossover frequencies between 80 and 120Hz. Eight additional presets make it possible to realize cardioid configurations of 2 or 3 subwoofers, whereby it is possible to attain rear attenuation of up to 20dB. In addition to XLR inputs and outputs, the DDQ Sub 18 has a separate mono output with a 100Hz high-pass filter. Additional features are LED function indicators and a ground lift switch; the volume and preset controls can be deactivated to prevent inadvertent adjustment.
The cabinet of the DDQ Sub 18 is made of 18mm thick multiplex with an extremely durable polyurethane finish. It is equipped with two M20 threaded flanges and ergonomic handles and is prepared for mounting of casters.
- Product number: LDDDQSUB18
- Product type: PA subwoofer
- Type: Actives
- Design: DSP controlled
- Low/mid driver dimensions: 18"
- Low/mid driver dimensions (mm): 457.2mm
- Woofer magnet: Neodymium
- Woofer brand: Faital Pro
- Woofer voice coil: 4"
- Woofer voice coil (mm): 101.6mm
- Amplifier: Class D
- RMS: 1400 (2 x 700)W
- Frequency response: 30 - 120Hz
- Max. SPL (continuous): 126dB
- Max. SPL (peak): 134dB
- Protection circuits: RMS speaker limiter, short circuit, DSP-based "look ahead" limiter, over-current, RMS power supply limiter
- Controls: DSP presets, ground lift, Gain, Power, DSP/ Gain enable
- Indicators: Operate, Peak Limit, DSP/ Gain disable, signal
- Line inputs: 2
- Line input connectors: XLR
- Line outputs: 3 (2x Input Link, 1x Sat Out with 100Hz high-pass)
- Line output connectors: XLR
- Operating voltage: Switching Power Supply, 180 - 264 V ~ / 47 - 63 Hz
- Cabinet material: 18 mm Plywood
- Cabinet surface: Polyurethane
- Cabinet construction: vented
- Width: 510mm
- Height: 700mm
- Depth: 725mm
- Weight: 44.5kg
- Features: 2 x threaded flange (M20), 15 x DSP presets with 4 selectable cardioid setups and 7 selectable crossover frequencies (80-120Hz), prepared for mounting of casters, 3 x corner handles
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.