XTA DP426 2 In 6 Out Matrixing Audio Processor
Based on the already successful DP428 platform, the new 4 Series considerably increase sound company choice. The DP428 takes on the name DP448 to complete the family and share the common technology.
The four models in the series are:
- DP448 - 4 In 8 Out
- DP446 - 4 In 6 Out
- DP444 - 4 In 4 Out
- DP426 - 2 In 6 Out
- DP424 - 2 In 4 Out
As the demands placed on professional audio systems continue to steadily increase, so must the technology be advanced to maintain the expected quality and useability. Based on a completely new processing platform, running at a native sample rate of 96kHz, the 4 Series set a new standard in terms of performance, flexibility, and ease of use.
Using the latest digital signal processing and high sample rates would be wasted if attention is not paid to capturing the signal as faithfully as possible, and reproducing it accurately. The range uses high-performance 24-bit converters on the inputs and outputs, running at 96kHz to give a bandwidth of over 30kHz and a dynamic range in excess of 116dB.
With two or four fully balanced inputs, and up to eight fully balanced outputs, it also offers greatly increased flexibility. Now it's possible to realise (for example) four two-way monitor systems, or your favourite DP226 configuration with an additional stereo processing channel, all in a single 1U unit.
With multiple inputs and outputs, the 4 Series are able to offer much more than a simple crossover system. To make configuration as simple as possible, a selection of templates are available to set the system up, taking care of routing and selecting useful crossover points.
However all of this is easily adjustable, including the routing. Any output may be fed from any input, or combination of inputs, forming a completely flexible matrix.
The 4 Series processing platform has been designed to operate at a native sampling rate of 96kHz, and also be powerful enough to cope with the additional inputs and outputs. Available on each input channel is a 28 band graphic equaliser, in addition to 8 bands of fully parametric equalisation. Each output path features up to 9 parametric sections, in addition to the crossover filters which themselves now offer slopes from 6dB/Octave up to 48dB/Octave.
All parametric sections can be reconfigured to many alternate filter behaviours, including the familiar high and low shelves and notch filters, but along with bandpass, elliptic and variable 'Q' shapes, and phase adjustment, in 2 degree steps. Each output also features a combination of limiters - a limiter which is designed to protect individual drivers from over-excursion/over-driving, and an additional look-ahead "D-Max" limiter for added safety.
Add to this sub-millimetre accuracy when introducing time alignment with completely flexible ganging of all channels, and it can be seen that a member of the 4 Series will fit the bill in any system configuration.
- Inputs Electronically balanced (transformers optional)
- AES/EBU (selectable) fitted as standard to all Series 4 units
- Impedance >10k ohms
- CMRR >65dB 50Hz - 10kHz
- Outputs All electronically balanced (transformers optional)
- AES/EBU fitted as standard to all Series 4 units
- Source Imp < 60ohms
- Minimum Load 600ohm
- Maximum Level +20dBm into 600 ohm load
- Sampling Rate DP428 - Up to 96kHz internal, up to 192kHz can be accepted and converted.
- Frequency Response ±0.5dB 10Hz - 32kHz
- Dynamic Range >116dB 20Hz -20kHz. Unwtd
- Distortion < 0.001% @ 1kHz, +10dBm
- Maximum Delay 650 mS. (increment 0.325 µs steps)
- Output gain Adjustable +15dB to -40dB in 0.1 dB steps and mute
- Filters Parametrics - 8 Per input / 9 per output
- Additional filters 28-band graphic on each input
- Each parametric can be switched to Bandpass, Allpass, Notch, VariQ, Shelf and Elliptical response
- Phase filtering - 2 degree steps on each input and output
- Crossover Filters
- Bessel / Butterworth 6/12/18/24/48dB per octave
- and Linkwitz-Riley 12/24/48dB per octave
- Threshold +22dBu to -10dBu
- Attack time 0.3 to 90 milliseconds
- Release time 4, 8, 16 or 32 times the attack time
- Clip/D-max Limiter Look-ahead attack time,
- Fast, Medium or Slow release times
- Inputs 3 pin female XLR
- Outputs 3 pin male XLR
- RS485 In/Out XLRs
- RS232 9 Pin (Female) D Connector
- Power 3 pin IEC
- Power 60VAC - 240VAC
- Consumption < 40 watts
- Weight 3.5kg. Net (5kg. Shipping)
- Size 1.75"(1U) x 19" x 12" (44 x 482 x 305mm) excluding connectors
- Due to continuing product improvement the above specifications are subject to change.
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.