ART S8 8 Channel Microphone Splitter
The ART S8 can be used to split eight balanced low impedance microphone signals into sixteen balanced low impedance microphone signals (eight pairs).
Each channel of the S8 provides one direct output and one transformer isolated output from a single microphone. Applications include sending the direct outputs to the main or Front-of-House mixer, and the second isolated outputs being sent to a monitor or recording mixer. The direct outputs pass phantom power from the main mixer to the microphones for use with condenser microphones.
The S8 includes a ground-lift switch on each isolated output to reduce noise due to ground loops between connected equipment. For versatility the S8 also features an attenuator pad switch on each input that can be used to connect preamplified signals to the two microphone-level outputs on each channel. Typical preamplified signals would originate from instrument preamplifiers, mixers, keyboards, et cetera.
Ideal solution for splitting microphone sources to feed multiple mixing consoles
Fully transformer isolated
Passes phantom power from main mixer
Individual ground lift on each channel
Individual pad switch on each channel
Input Impedance > 1.1k Ohms @ 1kHz (Typical)
Maximum Input Level -1.4dBu @20Hz / +3.5dBu @30Hz / +9.4dBu @50Hz
Output Impedance <255 Ohms @ 1kHz (Typical)
Total Harmonic Distortion <0.1% From 45Hz To 20kHz @ -15Dbu Input
Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz
CMRR > 105dB @60Hz / Greater Than 80dB @3kHz
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 Hz to 20K Hz, ±0.25 dB @ -15 dBu, -3 dB at approximately 165K Hz
• TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: Less than 0.26% from 20 Hz to 20K Hz at -15 dBu input
Less than 0.1% from 45 Hz to 20K Hz at -15 dBu input
0.002% Typical at 1K Hz, -15 dBu input
• PHASE RESPONSE: Less than 10 degrees at 20K Hz (ref. 1K Hz)
• INPUT IMPEDANCE: Greater than 1.1K Ohms at 1K Hz (Typical driving source impedance is 150 Ohms)
• OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: Less than 255 Ohms at 1K Hz (Typical output load impedance is 1K Ohms)
• COMMON MODE REJECTION RATIO: Greater than 105 dB @ 60 Hz, Greater than 80 dB @ 3K Hz
• VOLTAGE INSERTION LOSS: Approximately 2 dB at 1K Hz
• MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL FOR 1% THD: -1.4 dBu at 20 Hz, +3.5 dBu at 30 Hz, +9.4 dBu at 50 Hz
• DIMENSIONS: 1.75"H x 19"W x 3.75"D (44.5mm x 482.6mm x 95mm)
• WEIGHT: 3.75 lbs. (1.7 kg)
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.