AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Recording Microphone
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
AKG's industry-leading C 414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected work horse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch-all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C 214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen, and spider suspension mount included.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope: 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Powering: < 2 mA
- Dynamic range: 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector: IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: 160 x 55 mm (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net weight: 280 g (0.62 lbs.)
- Shipping weight: 1450 g (3.22 lbs.)
- Patent(s): Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 395.225, DE 4.103.784, JP 2.815.488)
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.