Shure SM86 Cardioid Vocal Microphone
The SM86 is a rugged cardioid condenser microphone with an extended high frequency response. It has been constructed to withstand the rigors of touring, while delivering smooth reproduction of lead vocals.
What is the SM86 best suited to?
The SM86 is ideal for a lead vocal artist. It is most suited for performances on stage but is equally at home for use in the studio.
What are the characteristics of the SM86?
The SM86 has a condenser microphone for studio quality sound and a cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise, making it ideal if working with stage monitors and in-ear monitors. It has an extended high frequency response of 15Hz - 18kHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 124dB. The built-in three point shock mount minimizes handling noise, and a two-stage pop filter reduces wind and breath "pop" noise.
- Condenser cartridge for studio quality sound
- Tailored frequency response for a clear reproduction of vocals
- Rugged construction withstands the rigors of touring sound
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes unwanted background noise
- Excellent choice for stage monitors and personal in-ear monitors
- Built-in three-point shock mount minimizes handling noise
- Two-stage "pop" filter reduces wind and breath noise
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 18kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -50,0dBV/Pa / 3,15mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 23dB(A)
- Sound Pressure: 147dB
- Weight: 278g
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.