AKG D5 Dynamic Vocal Microphone
- Extremely rugged vocal/speech microphone
- Available with or without on/off switch
- Patented AKG Laminated Varimotion diaphragm
- Spring steel wire-mesh grill
The D 5 dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback (for more details, visit www.akg.com/feedbackisdead). The D 5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
AKG made the first microphone diaphragm ever whose thickness varies across its diameter. The new Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
D 5: for standard applications.
D 5 S: with on/off switch.
D 5 WL 1: D 5 microphone element with threaded connection for use with AKG wireless systems.
D 5 Stage Pack: live performance mic with stand and XLR cable
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency range: 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 147/156 dB SPL (for 1% / 3% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): 18 dB-A
- Impedance: <= 600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >= 2000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions: length: 185.2 mm (7.3 in.); diameter: 51 mm (2 in.)
- Net weight: 340 g (12 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 655 g (1.45 lbs.)
- Patent(s): Varimotion - multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637 (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL), JP 3.927.651)
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.