Beyerdynamic DT100 Headphones
Future Music magazine, September 2010 on the Dt 100 with 400 ohms:
Often referred to as the Yamaha NS10s of the headphone world, the Beyerdynamic DT100s are a professional audio staple in studios around the world due to their excellent isolation, comfortable earpieces and accurate representation. They might not be too pleasant to listen to, but they deliver incredibly accurate sound reproduction, warts and all. Coming with a detachable, proprietary cable, every element of the DT100s is replaceable, right down to the earpads. The DT100s' bass response is weak to say the least, but that's not what they're made for. Where they excel is the midrange and mid-highs: the vocal range. Their clarity at this scale goes beyond their price bracket, and they make it easy to dissect very specific elements of the mix. If you want a second mix opinion with the added bonus of the best recording headphones in the business, go ahead and pick up a pair.
For: Clear mid- and high-end response; comfortable to wear
Against: Very little bass; headphone amp required for louder volumes
The DT 100 series is used throughout the world for audio recording and monitoring in studios, news gathering, film and TV production and live events. The headphones are exceptionally comfortable with a soft headband and ear pads. A high level of ambient noise attenuation is achieved with the closed design of the ear cups. Rugged construction ensures reliability for many years of use. All models are available in black or grey.
- Closed headphone
- Legendary, classic design
- Excellent ambient noise attenuation
- Capable of handling very high SPL
- Rugged, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- Single-sided, detachable cable
- Circumaural ear pads
- Excellent comfort for long-term wearing
- Single-Ear version: DT 102
- Transmission type: Wired
- Headphone design (operating principle): Closed
- Headphone impedance: 400ohms
- Headphone frequency response: 30 - 20.000Hz
- Nominal sound pressure level: 94dB
- Construction: Circumaural (around the ear)
- Cable & plug: Straight connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5mm) & ¼" adapter (6.35mm)
- Net weight without packaging: 411g
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.