Beyerdynamic M88TG Hypercardioid Instrument Microphone
Some products are born classics and the M 88 has to take centre-stage for being far ahead of its time when it was first introduced in the 1960`s. Incorporating a new low-mass diaphragm element, the M 88 TG has earned its place in history in the Kick Drum (for this application, the use of an external popshield like PS 88 or WS 59 is strongly recommended). Sound engineers have found that the lightning-fast transient response of the microphone reproduces the complex sound patterns of this instrument resulting in the tight `thump` without the need for complex signal processing.
This characteristic works equally well on other instruments especially where intricate low frequencies and their harmonics need to be captured. The M 88 TG is one of the most frequently specified microphones by sound engineers worldwide and heralded a beyerdynamic contemporary classic as this microphone becomes renown for capturing emotive audio signals.
- Extended frequency range with very soft presence boost and exceptional bass reproduction
- High gain-before-feedback
- Integrated hum-buck coil
- High SPL handling capability
- Rugged construction
- Supplied with microphone clamp and storage bag
- Price category: Professional
- Transducer type: Moving coil (dynamic)
- Polar pattern microphone: Hypercardiod
- Microphone frequency response: 30 - 20.000Hz
- Dimensions: 48.5 x 181mm
- Net weight without packaging: 382g
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.