With a capsule diameter not much bigger than the head of a pin, Audio-Technica's smallest-ever lavalier microphone virtually disappears in props or clothing to create highest-quality audio for broadcast and theater sound reinforcement.
The BP896 MicroPoint™ omnidirectional lavalier delivers extremely intelligible natural audio and handles high sound pressure levels with ease. Its subminiature omni element is enclosed in a durable housing designed to minimize noise from handling, clothing and wind. Flip a switch to eliminate low-frequency hum without affecting intelligibility.
Offered in wired & wireless models, the BP896 comes generously equipped with an extensive accessory kit-mic holders, windscreens, element covers & more.
- Inconspicuous, lightweight capsule
- Extremely intelligible natural audio
- Handles high sound pressure levels with ease
- Rugged built for long-lasting performance
- High-pass UniSteep® filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Requires 11V to 52V DC phantom power
- Includes generous accessory kit & protective case
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave (wired only)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -49 dB (3.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 250 ohms (wired only)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 135 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 3% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL (wired only)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 63 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical (wired only)
- Switch: Flat, roll-off (wired only)
- Current Consumption: 0.1 mA typical at 5V (wireless only)
- Voltage Range: 2.5-11V (wireless only)
- Weight (Microphone): 0.14g (0.005oz)
- Weight (Power Module): 85g (3.0oz) (wired only)
- Dimensions (Microphone): 10.8mm (0.43") long, 2.6mm (0.10") diameter
- Dimensions (Power Module): 97.6mm (3.84") long, 18.9mm (0.74") diameter (wired only)
- Output Connector (Power Module): Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 1.4m (55") long (permanently attached to microphone), 1.6mm (0.06") diameter, 2-conductor shielded cable with locking 4-pin connector (wired only)
- Accessories Furnished: BP896: AT8539 power module (wired only); two AT8157 windscreens; six element covers (2 white, 2 beige, 2 black); viper clip base; clothing clip base; 3 black single mic holders; 2 black double mic holders; belt clip (wired only); carrying case
- BP896-TH: AT8539 power module (wired only); two AT8157-TH windscreens; six element covers (2 white, 2 beige, 2 black); viper clip base; clothing clip base; 3 beige single mic holders; 2 beige double mic holders; belt clip (wired only); carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: M39
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.