AKG D 40 Dynamic Instrument Microphone Includes Versatile H440 Mounting Bracket
- Dynamic microphone designed for drums and percussions, wind instruments, and guitar amps
- Patented AKG Varimotion diaphragm
- Custom built capsule mounting
- Spring steel wire-mesh cap
- Rugged all-metal body withstands typical tough handling on stage
The D 40 with its solid all-metal body will stand up to the hardships of night-after-night onstage use "with a smile".
The Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no need for tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The transducer is protected by a sturdy wire-mesh cap and takes extremely high sound pressure levels with ease.
An integrated stand adapter and standard H 440 mounting bracket for snare drums, tom-toms, etc. make the D 40 a highly versatile tool for use on drums, percussions, wind instruments, and guitar amps.
- Type: Cardioid
- Polar pattern: 75 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 4 mV/Pa (-48 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 144/156 dB SPL (for 1%/3 % THD)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): 18 dB-A
- Impedance: <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=1000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: dark stage blue
- Dimensions: length 104 mm (4.1 in.) height (incl. stand adapter): 79 mm (3.1 in.) max. dia.: 44 mm (1.7 in.)
- Net weight: 245 g (8.6 oz.)
- Shipping weight: 380 g (13.4 oz.)
- Patent(s): Varimotion - multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637 (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL), JP 3.927.651)
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.