AKG CHM99 Hanging Choir Microphone White
- Cardioid polar pattern
- 10 m (33 ft.) cable
- 125° pickup angle
- Especially suited for choir recordings
- Integrated spring steel clamp for optimum alignment
The new CHM 99 Condenser Hanging Microphone provides both ease of use and a high level of functionality. There is hardly any more affordable and simpler solution for recording choirs at worship centers. Suspended from the ceiling or a beam, the hanging microphone is aligned and then fixed in the correct position. Now use the spring steel clamp to adjust the correct angle, and off you go!
The CHM 99 is available in white or black.
XY stereo recording
Using two CHM 99 hanging microphones in an XY configuration (coincident pair) is a good way to make stereo recordings, particularly of choirs. However, sound source locations are defined only by intensity differences. Adjusting the angle between the microphones determines the width and depth of the stereo image.
ORTF stereo recording
Developed by the French Broadcasting Authority, this technique differs from the XY technique by recording not only intensity differences, but also delay differences. The capsules are aligned at an angle of precisely 110° and 170 mm / 6.7 in. apart.
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 70 to 18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 18 mV/PA = -35 dBV re 1 V/Pa
- Max. SPL: 125 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): <21 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): >73 dB
- Impedance: <=600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=2,000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to IEC 61938 (DPA adapter integrated)
- Powering: <3 mA
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Finish: matte black or white
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 55 mm (0.5 x 2.1 in.)
- Net weight: 20 g (0.7 in.)
- Shipping weight: 480 g (17 oz.)
The microphone shall be a cardioid microphone for flown use with a non-twisting cable. Its pickup angle shall be 125 degrees; frequency range 70 Hz to 18 kHz; sensitivity 18 mV/Pa; max. SPL 125 dB; electrical impedance <600 ohms for 9 to 52 V phantom power. The microphone shall be finished in matte black or white and fitted with a 10 m cable. It shall measure approx. 13.5 x 55 mm and its net weight shall be 20 grams, its shipping weight 480 grams.
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.