AKG CGN 99H/L Hypercardioid Polar Pattern Conference Microphone
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- 30 or 50 cm (12 or 20 in.) long
- 95° pickup angle
- For acoustically difficult environments
- Connects easily via XLR connector
The hypercardioid polar pattern with its narrow 95° pickup angle is suited best for situations where noise typically occurs from all sides (particularly in worship centers), where people talk into the microphone from a greater distance, or where several talkers are grouped side by side. Two different lengths are available. The .exible joint ensures optimum alignment of the gooseneck to any talker position. Several options are available for installation, i.e., stand, tabletop installation, and lockable.
Choosing polar patterns
Selecting the correct polar pattern for installed sound is difficult since it depends on a variety of factors. Of course the acoustics of the room play a key role. For highly reverberant rooms such as worship centers, a hypercardioid polar pattern will be the best choice to avoid high levels of unwanted noise. Correct placement of the loudspeakers is also essential. If the speakers project right at the capsule, a hypercardioid will be your best bet. The most difficult task, however, is trying to judge how the talkers will behave. For talkers who are inexperienced or move around a lot, be sure to choose a cardioid polar pattern for reliable pickup; talkers at a greater distance from the mic will be served best by a hypercardioid.
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 50 to 19,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/PA = -38 dBV re 1 V/Pa
- Max. SPL: 125 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): <21 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): >73 dB
- Impedance: <=600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=2,000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to IEC 61938 (DPA adapter integrated)
- Powering: <3 mA
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Finish: matte black
- Dimensions: CGN 99 H/L: 13.5 x 580 mm (0.5 x 23 in.)
- Net weight: CGN 99 H/L: 500 g (17.7 oz.)
The microphone shall be a hypercardioid gooseneck microphone. Its pickup angle shall be 95 degrees; frequency range 50 Hz to 19 kHz; sensitivity 12 mV/Pa; max. SPL 125 dB; electrical impedance <600 ohms for 9 to 52 V phantom power. The microphone shall be finished in matte black. It shall measure approx. 13.5 x 380 (580) mm and its net weight shall be 160 (170) grams, its shipping weight 480 (500) grams.
Equipment available to buy from this site is for professional use only. Please note in certain countries some products listed may not be available from A.C. Entertainment Technologies Ltd.
E&OE. Information is subject to change without notice. The rights and ownership of all trademarks are recognised.